Birds of a feather flock together - 1 CORINTHIANS 15:33



When it comes to feeling safe in a church/temple/synagogue etc the individuals we align ourselves with in and outside the church will determine whether or not we have God's approval. As a heterosexual single Christian, I do not wish to be surrounded by dissatisfied and miserable married couples, equally nor do I want to be surrounded by immoral singletons or married persons seeking unscriptural ways out of their marriage.


In the organisation that I belonged to for over 3 decades the issues that were prevalent included divorce, adultery, underage sex, sexting, love triangles, gossip, slander, immodest clothing, immoral entertainment - violent, immorality, spiritistic movies, music and books, and lip service to agape love to God and the congregants.

Please let me be clear - I have no problem in forgiving a believer who has erred and is repentant, however when the church holds itself up as the true religion and advocates that every other religion and people except those therein will die at Armageddon and yet the levels of morality even among the shepherds is heartbreaking because they do not treat the flock tenderly, the it is time to walk away.

I walked from my former organised religion, not because I did not believe in the Bible, on the contrary, it was because I believed in the Bible and observed a wanton disregard for treating people with sensitivity during the meetings and even in the online Zoom services, where name calling and putting others down was habitual. Agape love had left the building and so I walked.

Am happier now, selecting my worship services online and letting scripture interpret scripture. My understanding of the Bible has augmented and I feel closer to the God of the Bible. I have greater inner peace. It feels almost as I am rediscovering my faith and it feels liberating!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog